While the sun is diminishing, the rain is lashing and the temperature is dropping, our self-care can suffer too, but you don’t have to let it! The warmth of the holiday season is just around the corner and enjoying soul nourishing experiences will keep you feeling buoyant during the transition to winter.
This month, I want to highlight the importance of exceptional facial care in the fall and winter. Regular facials act both to prevent and treat the effects of skin damage. Fundamentally, they improve the health of your skin on a cellular level. And setting aside me-time is a wonderful way to lower your stress levels and uplift your spirit during the darkest days of the year.
Read more from my November & December Newsletter »
I hope your summer has been filled with soul nourishing experiences! My garden continues to be a source of pleasure and its abundance fills me with gratitude. I’ve enjoyed everything our beautiful island has to offer in July and August and had many days filled with laughter and joy with family and friends.
Now that fall is just around the corner, I am looking forward to getting back into my routine, especially at the spa. I love being a part of your self-care! I also have many exciting developments in the works.
I associate fall with transition, but it’s also an opportunity to reset and refresh physically and metaphysically. Spruce up your mental space and de-clutter your mind with simple daily rituals like a morning meditation or a short walk. Do things that give you joy and create space for yourself to BE.
Read my September & October Newsletter
I invite you to carve out me-time and give yourself some self-care and soul-care this summer!
For July and August, I would like you to focus on nourishing your hands and feet. Beyond manicures and pedicures, I have a specially designed package focused on rejuvenating these often overlooked extremities. I am also featuring hand- and foot-loving products at the spa.
Read my Summer Newsletter here.
I am a lavender lover and I love sharing this powerful herbal! I grow lavender in my garden and use my own dried lavender in the Spa and at home. For my hand, foot and body care treatments, I use Tuscan Farm Gardens organic and natural lavender products like their phenomenal Lavender Body Polish, and Lavender and Neroli Body Oil.
Why I Love Lavender
The soothing aroma of lavender activates deep relaxation and mental calmness. Lavender is an excellent tonic for anxiety and stress. Keep a dried lavender sachet by your pillow or spray diluted lavender essential oil on your pillow to ensure a peaceful sleep. Lavender essential oil has natural anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties, which are beneficial for your skin, and diffusing year-round. Dried lavender can be brewed into a comforting and soothing tea. Outside, plant lavender in pots on your deck or patio to repel mosquitoes. You can also apply diluted lavender essential oil on your skin for a natural insect repellent and mood booster.
Lavender calms the mind, eases stress and tension, and when used topically, is a natural antiseptic and anti-fungal. And, because it aids in the formation of scar tissue and the reduction of inflammation, it works quickly to heal wounds, cuts, burns and sunburns.
Integrate lavender into your daily life for stellar self-care! Tuscan Farm Gardens Lavender Bath and Body products are available at my Spa. They make wonderful gifts for Mother’s Day too!
Tuscan Farm Gardens Lavender Collection, available at my Spa
- Olive Oil Soap: No synthetic fragrances of harmful ingredients, this hand cut soap has a calming effect both to the mind when it is inhaled and to the skin when it is topically applied. It is also known to relieve, insomnia, rashes, and is extremely effective in treating burns.
- Body & Hand Wash: Enriched with organic infusions of calendula, yarrow, comfrey, aloe vera and the conditioning essential oil of lavender. Relaxing and soothing in bath and shower. For all skin types. No sodium laurel/laureth sulphates and no parabens.
- Body Lotion: A luxurious lavender body moisturizer rich in vitamins and antioxidants. This lotion softens and hydrates skin with the moisturizing power of avocado oil, grape seed oil, shea butter, beeswax and cocoa butter. For all skin types.
- Body Polish: Turn your bath or shower into a healthy spa experience. Gently buff away old skin and encourage new cell growth. Exfoliate, cleanse and moisturize all in one step!
- Body & Room Spray: This true lavender spray cleanses (NOT masks) the air and refreshes the body. Perfect for in the car, at your desk, in the home and especially nice on your pillow to help ease you into slumber.
- Soothing Organic Balm: Organic and wild-crafted! This is a richly textured balm that quickly soaks into the skin to soothe dry, irritated skin. Excellent as a cuticle cream, for sunburned skin and for dry patches. Enriched with organic herbs to heal and hydrate.
- Bath & Body Oil: Made with sweet almond oil in its purest form, this lavender oil nourishes and softens dry skin. Soothe the senses while restoring moisture to the skin. It is ideal for bath, after bath or massage.
- Dolce Vita Bath & Body Oil: Neroli and lavender are both known for their calming qualities and great for relieving stress and tension, as well as promoting a restful sleep. Neroli is an exotic flower with sweet floral notes that mix well with lavender for an intoxicating scent.
- Lavender & Rooibos Tea: Cherished for its detoxifying and immune-booster properties, this refreshing herbal drink is caffeine-free. Calming and restorative.
The summer sunshine is starting to wane as we approach the beginning of fall this month. For me, this time of year is ripe with abundance as we enjoy the bounty of the harvest in the garden and from our local farmers. It is also a time of year for reflection and the call back to the inner journey as we prepare for cooler months. This is the perfect time of year to reflect on the joys of summer and what you are looking forward to nourishing in the fall and winter. (Picture: about to enjoy an end of summer swim at Pipers Lagoon)
Fall is also great time to focus on revitalizing your skin after the season of skin dehydration and sun damage. I am here to help you love your face with my Signature Facial Special and a Featured Skincare Sale.
Read more in my September & October Newsletter
Find instant peace with the soothing aroma of lavender. I love growing lavender in the garden. I get to enjoy its pretty purple flowers every summer and dried lavender throughout the year. Lavender even repels mosquitoes and its healing herbal properties are beneficial for everyone. I am focusing on Lavender for self-care in May and June.