Regular facials do wonders for your skin, but what you do at home is equally as important!
Here is a basic routine for dry or sensitive skin:
- Use an emulsifying cleanser for dry or sensitive skin – my Goddess Bliss Moisture Plus Cleansing Milk is a good choice
- Follow your skin cleansing with a hydrating toner like my Moisture Plus Toner
- To give your skin an intensive boost, apply a serum to address your specific skin concerns
- Follow your toner and/or serum with a nourishing moisturizer like my Evening Primrose Crème
- To support the more sensitive skin around the eyes, apply a soothing moisture-rich formula like my Daily Moisture Eye Crème
- During the day, applying sunscreen is an important step to protect us from harmful rays
On a weekly basis, your skin will enjoy a moisturizing mask for the best results.
Tips for dry or sensitive skin:
- Wash face with warm or tepid water, never hot.
- If flushing or redness is a problem, avoid spicy foods as they may exacerbate this condition.
- Always use toner after cleansing, as mineral deposits from hard water can irritate and dehydrate skin.
- When using a mechanical exfoliant, only briefly massage the inner cheeks, near the nose, which can easily be overstimulated.
- Jojoba oil is highly stable and good for the face, even on individuals who are oil sensitive or prone to acne. It is very similar in composition to human sebum. This enables it to penetrate and emulsify thick, waxy buildup in pores, helping relieve congestion.
- Invest in a filter for your shower head to further reduce chemical irritants in water.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine, which have a diuretic effect that causes skin cells to lose fluids and essential minerals.
Take Your Facial Care to the Next Level
Our skin reacts to many things, including the weather. Now that the days are getting cooler, why not give yourself a rejuvenating facial at home? Come in and talk to me for product recommendations!
Finally, remember that each day we have a wonderful opportunity for self-care when we’re standing in front of the bathroom mirror! It’s a natural time for positive affirmations: I am beautiful, I am doing the best that I can, I am thankful that I can take care of myself. Nourish your body and soul!read more